TITLE: Development Coordinator – Marketing
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
This position supports the Dave’s House operation and donor relationship development to ensure staff, volunteers, board of directors and committee effectiveness. The individual will be the point person for planning and executing events, tracking expenditures, donations. This position manages meetings, work groups, and staff meetings. This position works with the Executive Director to develop marketing materials and plan events to generate funding.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Point person for planning, promoting and executing events to meet fundraising goals working with Executive Director
• Coordinates volunteers and interns supporting events
• Recruit, schedule, and ensure a positive experience for volunteers
• Develops marketing materials including planning and executing social media campaigns
• Coordinates identification and relationship building with key donors and groups.
• Coordinates with Kate’s Place Clubhouse staff to understand resident and program needs.
• Responds to internal and external customers in a timely, accurate, courteous, and empathetic manner that represents Dave’s House in a positive light
• Demonstrates strong customer service skills to interact with donors, partners, clients and executive community representatives
• Implements, manages, and maintains multiple projects including fundraising events and program operations
• Coordinates meetings, calendars, logistics, scheduling and participant communications and provides meeting support as needed
• Works with Development Coordinator- Administration to provide back-up and cross training with donor database maintenance and record keeping
• Update materials in the organization’s Google drive to maintain all documents accessible to staff members.
• Assists with research and cost comparisons for vendors to maintain cost effectiveness and quality, including technology and computer support.
• Participates and engages in project budget planning and development.
• Prioritization of task is vital as there are multiple moving parts.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested with a sense of humor and team spirit.
This position will vary in hours from 30 hours a week, depending on workload. This position has flexible hours with occasional morning, evening, or weekend work assignments. Candidate will have the flexibility to work in a virtual office environment with own computer equipment and must have access to reliable transportation.
The Development Coordinator-Marketing will be a highly motivated self-starter with 2-3 years’ experience in marketing or nonprofit management. This position will possess the following qualities and attributes:
• 3-5 years online and print marketing experience required
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Proven experience as an events coordinator or organizer
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
• Strong working knowledge of social media platforms and technologies
• Intermediate MS Office skills required
• Working knowledge of Canva, and email marketing platforms
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.